Bronze is a mix of metal mainly containing copper along with tin, aluminum, zinc, etc. It’s one of the most used metals on earth for its reliability. And for its consistency, it is also one of the famous metal which is used to make statues. Men had understood the reliability of this metal ages ago, and that’s why they made their weapons, utensils, and statues with this amazing metal. Many awe-inspiring figurines and statues have been made with the smudgy golden-brown metal. And even in the present day, the love for Bronze Statues have not diminished; in fact, we see streets, malls, and galleries adorned with statues made with bronze.
You can not only stare with awe at some beautifully created statue, but you can also get some for yourself. Many talented sculptors devote their skill in making statues and figurines that will blow your mind. You can stroll to any crafts store to find a statue or two that you fancy. But perhaps the easiest way to get your statue would be to search online for an online shop, like Fine Arts outlet, that sells Bronze Statues and figurines, and order any statue you would like to purchase.
How to take care of Bronze Statues and figurines?
Choosing and purchasing might be easy, but do you know how to keep these statues bright and polished? If you don’t know yet, then you better know about it now before purchasing your piece of bronze.
Bronze is naturally a faded, golden-coppery color – with time, it can get darker, and duller, which is obviously not an attractive look on your bronze statues. So, if you want to make sure your figurine looks all bright and beautiful, you have to work for it a little bit.
Where should I place the statue?
You must be thinking, what kind of question is that? Of course, I can place it anywhere. But, ironically, it is one of the factors on which a statue’s lasting time depends. It is also a question that bugs people after they buy a statue.
Before you buy one, you should check your home for the best placement, just be careful that the place isn’t damp and has lots of air and enough light. Because dampness can corrode your bronze statues and very well ruin the patina.
Since you cannot keep the children away from the shiny thing, instead, make sure you keep the statue away from their reach. Place it in a high surface where you don’t accidentally knock it off, or your cat doesn’t run across it. It is best to place the figurine inside a glass box, so water doesn’t get into it and you can show your prized piece to your friends without actually touching it.
How do I keep it clean?
Bronze is a strong alloy that can last a very long time, but it isn’t indestructible. You have to regularly clean your bronze statues to prevent it from getting dusty and dull. There are several ways in which you can clean your statue –
- Bronze figurines can get dirty while being kept in display for too long, you can clean them by wiping with a soft cloth. To get the nooks and crannies better cleaned, use a soft-bristled brush and gently wipe off the dust from there. You can also use Q-tips to get the dirt out of difficult places.
- Use soap water to wash your statues – mix a good amount of soap in enough water so your statues can dip fully into the water. Keep them in the concoction a bit, then gently wash every part of the bronze statues with a soft fabric and a soft-bristled brush.
After you have thoroughly washed away all dirt and dust, take a dry cloth and carefully dry the figurines, so there isn’t any wetness left.
- Another way you can clean bronze figurines by mixing an equal amount of calcium carbonate, ethanol, and distilled water. Add white chalk to the potion. Mix the solution well and use a cotton cloth or cotton ball to dip in the solution and gently rub the cotton ball on the surface of the bronze statues.
- Being in the open for too long, the outer layer called the patina can get damaged and lose its color by turning green. But you can prevent your statue from turning green by waxing it regularly. You should also wax your bronze sculpture regularly to keep it shiny. Get the right waxing stuff and apply it gently on your statue with a soft brush. You can reapply it for a more lustrous look.
- Polishing can do a wonderful job to create a brightened look to your bronze statues. Get good polishing material and coat the statue well with it.
But you can skip the polishing part if you want to preserve the darkened antique look of your sculpture. Some people don’t like the glossy look on their figurines and that’s all right. But it doesn’t mean you don’t need to clean your statue at all.
Nothing lasts forever, but your bronze sculptures might last a long time if you properly take care of it. Follow the instructions above and you will see how durable your bronze figurines can be.
Fine Arts Outlet offers great variations of bronze statues – sculptures, bronze bird statues, children’s bronze sculptures, bronze fountains, bronze animal statues, along with chandeliers, modern art statues, modern art sculptures, paintings, wall art, fine art, etc. There are countless options from which you can choose whatever you like.
The online shop also gives a good, competitive deal on prices. This place isn’t only a great place for art lovers, but it is also a great platform where the artists can showcase their work and get paid, too. It’s a marketplace that allows talented sculptors and painters to get known by sharing their arts with the world. Buyers can easily browse and check out arts and order anything they like at the best price.
So, don’t wait anymore if you have been thinking about purchasing Bronze Statues, you can find it right here. Or, if you are an artist who is trying to find his/her footing, don’t hesitate, this is the best marketplace where you can sell your art.